I am pleased to welcome you to Zanzibar Airports Authority website. Zanzibar airports Authority is the national statutory body established by the Airport Authority Act no. 8 of 2011 with overall responsibility for Government Airports Operation since its launch on 26 August 2011.
We are proudly providing high quality and standard airport services and facilities in a most cost efficient ways across the region and around the world as per to our mission. Read more
History of Organization
Who we are?
Zanzibar Airports Authority was established under Act No. 8 of 2011 and its acronym as "ZAA" government Agency.
Major Airpors operated by Zanzibar Airports Authority are Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA) and Pemba Airport.
It is the main airport in the Zanzibar Archipelago located on Unguja Island. It is about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south of Zanzibar City, the capital of Zanzibar, and has flights to East Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
It was previously known as Kisauni Airport and Zanzibar International Airport. It was renamed in 2010 in honour of Abeid Amani Karume, the island's first president.
South approach and departures are over the water. The Zanzibar VOR-DME (Ident: ZV) is located 0.4 nautical miles (741 m) off the south end of the runway. The Zanzibar non-directional beacon (Ident: ZZ) is located on the field.
Zanzibar Airports Authority (ZAA) is the national statutory body established by the Airport Authority Act no. 8 of 2011 with overall responsibility for Government Airports Operation. Currently it operates two airports; Abeid Amani Karume International Airport and Pemba Airport. The Authority is now in its seventh year of operations since it was launched as an autonomous body on 26th August 2011.
The Vision of ZAA is to become a model in the implementation of airport facilities and services standards in Africa by 2020.
The mission of Zanzibar Airports Authority (ZAA) is to achieve high quality airport services and facilities standards in a most cost-effective manner.
The Core Values
In fulfilling its vision and mission, the authority has adopted the following core values:
The key roles of Zanzibar Airports Authority are:
1. To operate, manage, maintain and develop our Airports in Zanzibar islands in a professional and cost effective manner.
2. To provide comfortable, efficient and secure services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in our Airports thereby giving a positive image of the country to the outside world.
3. To give technical advice to the Government on the development of Airports.
4. To ensure that the Government’s airport policies, regulations, procedures and international standards are implemented accordingly.
5. To advice the Government on national and international aspects of Airport management.
6. To support national economic development by providing the necessary Airport infrastructures, facilities, and services.
Mouse hover in the picture to see the details of each organization member. Once the image change Mouse hover out and hover in again.
This is not a complete and official Organization Structure, we are so sorry for any inconvinience.